What is Aadhaar Authentication?
It means the method by which the Aadhaar number as well as with the biometric information or demographic information of a Aadhaar number holder is submitted to the CIDR for its verification and such repository verifies the correctness, or the lack thereof, on the basis of the info. accessible with it.
The Centre may permit Aadhaar authentication to make certain citizens have better way in to some gov. services, and to plug leakage of public funds, as per to rules issued by the ministry of electronics and information technology (MeitY).
For instance, the transport ministry can seek ministry of electronics and information technology permission for Aadhaar authentication to renew change address, driving licence in vehicle registration certificate. There could be contactless delivery of learning licence, driving licence could also be renewed, which will assist the citizens, especially during the coronavirus crisis as they will not have to be physically available at the transport office. Aadhaar authentication will do,” a senior gov. official told media.
Besides, Aadhaar authentication will support the transport ministry weed out fake or duplicate driving licences, the official explained. We have sought permission from ministry of electronics and information technology to permit Aadhaar Authentication.
As per the Aadhaar Authentication for nice Governance (Knowledge, Social Welfare, and Innovation) Rules, a central or state gov. department do request UIDAI to permit Aadhaar authentication for utilization of digital platforms to make certain avoidance of dissolution of social welfare gains and empowerment of innovation and the spread of knowledge.
Unique Identification Authority of India is responsible for the authentication and enrolment of the 12-digit unique identity number, as well as with developing policy, procedure and system for issuing Aadhaar numbers to individuals.
Aadhaar authentication permits the gov. to verify the identity of a human before offering the individual access to consumer services, subsidies, and other profits. This can be done through one-time pin sent to the phone no. or email id of the Aadhaar number holder or through iris-based authentication and fingerprint. However, the gov. will have to seek persons consent before collecting info. associated to an persons identity.
The part of Aadhaar has go through a sea change since its execution in 2010 to offer every Indian resident with a unique identification number, which can be utilized to avail gain offer by the gov. Over a period of time, it has evolved from being a voluntary to mandatory info. needed for direct cash transfers. The gov. has also made it compulsory to link Aadhaar with Permanent Account Number (PAN) to monitor tax filings and check tax evasion.
The gov. had permitted voluntary linking of the 12-digit identification number as chunk of know your customer guidelines to open bank accounts or get a mobile connection. The gov. had also said that no one will be denied any service for not producing Aadhaar for authentication. In 2017, the Supreme Court had ordered that Aadhaar could only be utilized in straight benefit transfer for welfare plans and had prohibited private organizations from utilizing the unique identity number for verifying customer identity.
- Make certain that the resident has original documents for verification. In occasion, where original documents are not available, copies attested / certified by a public notary will be welcomed.
- The certificates build by the resident for Aadhaar enrolment/Update should be in the list of accepted documents only.
- The presentation is for certificate to be issued by institutions / officials for Address and Proof of Identity is as per Appendix A/B.
- Verifier can refuse verification, if they suspect altered/forged documents. In cases where Verifier refuses verification of the documents generated, reasons must be recorded in brief by the Verifier on the Enrolment Form.
- Verify Address, Date of Birth, Name, and Relationship Details against PoR, PoI, PoA, DoB respectively.
- PoI needs a document containing the photograph and resident’s name. Verify that supporting document has both.
- If some of the PoI certificate submitted do not carry the resident photo, then it will not be welcomed as a valid PoI. In order to be free of persecution and all-in, documents with older photos are acceptable.
- Confirm the name in the document by asking the resident her /his name. This is to certain that the resident is giving own documents.
- The name of the human must be entered in full. It must not involve salutations or titles like Mr., Miss, Mrs., Major, Retd., Dr. etc
- If two documentary proofs generated by the enrollee have variation in the similar name (i.e., with full and initials name), the enrollee’s full name must be recorded.
Date Of Birth (DOB)
- Date of birth of Resident must indicate year, day, and month in the relevant field.
- If the Resident offers documentary evidence of DOB, then the DOB is considered as “Verified”. When resident announce the Date of Birth without any documentary proof, then DOB is contemplated as “Declared”.
What is Aadhaar
It is a testable 12-digit identification number issued by Unique Identification Authority of India to the Indian resident for free of cost.
What is Aadhaar Ecosystem
It comprises of core infrastructures with the objective of offering authentication, update and enrolment services.
Work with Unique Identification Authority of India
Unique Identification Authority of India provides exciting opportunities for Gov. of India professionals and employees.