The Indian Prime Minister had declared YUVA Yojana for the training of young writers this year. The yojana stands for Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors- YUVA. This occurs to be a mentorship program for young writers and authors to offer them motivation.
- 1 YUVA Scheme: Aim
- 2 Eligibility Criteria
- 3 Objectives of PM Yuva Scheme
- 4 Benefits of PM Yuva Scheme
- 5 Documents required for PM Yuva Scheme for writers
- 6 How to apply for PM Yuva’s plan for Writers?
- 7 THE GOAL
- 8 THEMES
- 9 What are the ‘Themes’ that one can dispatch one’s entry about?
- 10 What is the contest duration?
- 11 Till what time the submissions will be welcomed?
- 12 How will the maximum age of 30 years be marked?
- 13 Who can take part in the contest?
- 14 Can foreign nationals do take part in the contest?
- 15 I am a PIO/NRI holding an Indian Passport, do I have to attach the certificates?
- 16 May I submit more than one entry?
- 17 What must be the structure of the entry?
- 18 May I submit more than 5000 words?
- 19 How will I identify that my entry has been registered?
- 20 I will be submitting my entry in the Indian languahapterge, may I attach its English translation?
- 21 Is there any minimum entry age?
- 22 May I send the manuscript?
- 23 What do you mean by the genre of entry?
- 24 What are the sub-genres that one can put forward as one’s entry under ‘Fiction’?
- 25 What are the sub-genres that one can give in as one’s entry under ‘Non- Fiction?
- 26 Will poetry be permitted?
- 27 May I submit my Indian language entry in Unicode?
- 28 What must be the format of submission?
- 29 Are simultaneous submissions permitted/can I submit a narrative that has been allowed to another magazine /journal/competition etc.?
- 30 Can the submissions have illustrations/ pictures to support the text?
YUVA Scheme: Aim
The goal of the plan is to offer training to 75 aspiring writers below 30 years. These authors must be prepared to express themselves and project India along with its literature and culture globally.
The plan would bring the authors at par with another job and do also offer them the needed psychological push to motion out in this profession.
- You should be below 30 years of age.
- You apply for this plan from any Indian state.
- If you are living in a foreign nation and not a permanent Indian resident, then you cannot apply.
- Only young writers do apply on this portal.
Also Read: FOREST OF ENCHANTMENTS By Chitra Banerjee
Objectives of PM Yuva Scheme
Following are the objectives of beginning this yojana, which is as follows:-
- Its key objective is to prepare the young generation of the nation aware of their culture.
- To encourage Indian culture and sacrifice of the freedom fighters of the nation.
- Many individuals will be inspired by this.
- At present, due to the accessibility of online books, writing has become very less, for which this scheme has been issued.
- To promote book culture, writing, and reading among the young generation.
- Through this, Rs.50,000 will also be provided to the eligible applicants for 6 months.
Benefits of PM Yuva Scheme
- Under this plan, you will be provided Rs 50,000 as a scholarship for 6 months.
- Under this plan, the Dept. of Higher Education will train new younger writers.
- This is a great opportunity for budding writers, which can support them a lot.
- Under this plan, 75 writers will be selected.
- The book will be issued by all the characters, which will be brought out by the National Book Trust.
Also Read: How To Help Save Animals From Extinction
Documents required for PM Yuva Scheme for writers
To apply for this yojana, you require the following documents, which are as follows:-
- ID card
- Ration card copy
- Aadhar Card
- 10th & 12th mark sheet
How to apply for PM Yuva’s plan for Writers?
- Initially, you suppose to press the link to the official website.
which is – mygov.in.
- Then on the home page, you suppose to press “Apply Online”.
- After pressing, your application form will appear.
- Fill in all the details required in the form and attach the certificates as well.
- After filling you suppose to press on submit.
- Your application will be finished off as soon as you press it.
This plan will certain in developing a pool of authors of below 30 years who are ready to express themselves and project India on any international platform, along with it will support in projecting Indian literature and culture universally.
The young authors so counseled would become skillful in writing in different genres like poetry, non-fiction, drama, memoirs, travelogues, fiction, and so on.
It will make certain to bring reading as a favored profession at par with other job options, making the Indian kids take knowledge and reading as an essential chunk of their grooming up years. In addition, it will provide a positive psychological aroma to the young brains given the effect and impact of the recent pandemic on the mental health of Kids.
Also Read: Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS)
- Unsung Heroes
- Small known truths about the National Movement
- Role of different places in National Movement
- Bringing out new outlook associated to science, economic, cultural, or politics associated aspects of a national movement
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the ‘Themes’ that one can dispatch one’s entry about?
The chief themes are: Unsung Heroes; Little known truths about the National Movement; Role of various places in National Movement; Entries bringing out new outlook connected to economic, science, political, or cultural associated aspects of a national movement, etc.
What is the contest duration?
It is from 4th June 2021 to 31st July 2021 (11.59 PM)
Till what time the submissions will be welcomed?
On MyGov, the submissions will be received till 11:59 PM on 31 July 2021.
How will the maximum age of 30 years be marked?
You must be exactly 30 years or below as of 1st June 2021.
Who can take part in the contest?
Indian Citizens aged 30 years or below as of 1st June 2021.
Can foreign nationals do take part in the contest?
Only Indian nationals including those holding PIOs or NRIs holding Indian passports do participate.
I am a PIO/NRI holding an Indian Passport, do I have to attach the certificates?
Yes, kind way attach a copy of your PIO card/passport with your entry.
May I submit more than one entry?
Only one entry per contestant is permitted.
What must be the structure of the entry?
It must have a two-three c, chapter plan, and synopsis within a maximum word limit of 5000 words.
May I submit more than 5000 words?
Maximum word limit of 5000 must be adhered to.
How will I identify that my entry has been registered?
You will receive an acknowledgment mail from MyGov. Do not forget to download your participation certificate after final submission.
I will be submitting my entry in the Indian languahapterge, may I attach its English translation?
No. Kindly mention in 100-150 words the theme of your entry in either Hindi or English.
Is there any minimum entry age?
No minimum age has been advised.
May I send the manuscript?
No. It must be neatly typed.
What do you mean by the genre of entry?
You can submit both non-fiction and fiction.
What are the sub-genres that one can put forward as one’s entry under ‘Fiction’?
You can send collections of historical fiction, romance fiction, short stories, motivational, novellas, fiction for young adults, and fiction for children, etc. The background of the fiction genre of manuscripts must be in effect to the period of a national movement.
What are the sub-genres that one can give in as one’s entry under ‘Non- Fiction?
You can send informative/research-based manuscripts, travelogues, and memoirs deal out with different economic, cultural, social, political, or science-associated aspects of the national language movement, etc.
Will poetry be permitted?
No, poetry will not be accepted out.
May I submit my Indian language entry in Unicode?
Yes, it is submitted in Unicode.
What must be the format of submission?
For English, the format must have font style as Times New Roman and font size must be 14. For another la, equivalent font size/style must be employed.
Are simultaneous submissions permitted/can I submit a narrative that has been allowed to another magazine /journal/competition etc.?
No, simultaneous submissions are not permitted.
Can the submissions have illustrations/ pictures to support the text?
Yes, the text can be supported if you clasp copyright for the same.