What do you mean by Amrut plan?
The Gov. of India has introduced the AMRUT with the focus of offering fundamental civic amenities like urban transport, parks, water supply, sewerage to refine the quality of life for all especially the poor and the disadvantaged.
WHO launched Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation scheme?
The scheme Housing for All by 2022 and AMRUT was introduced on the same day.
|Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
|Hardeep Singh Puri
|25 June 2015
The purpose of AMRUT is to (i) make certain that each household has a way into a tap with an assured water supply and a sewerage connection; (ii) expand the amenity value of cities by creating greener and well maintained open spaces (e.g. parks), and (iii) lessen pollution by switching to public transport or construct up facilities for non-motorized transport (e.g. cycling and walking).
The components of the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation consist of septage management, sewerage, water supply, reform implementation, and capacity building, stormwater drainage, development of parks and green spaces, and urban transport. During the method of planning, the ULBs will essay to add up a few smart features in physical infrastructure elements. The features of Mission components are here given.
- Water supply structure involving the addition of universal metering, existing water supply, and water treatment plants.
- Rehabilitation of older water supply structure, involving treatment plants.
- Regeneration of water bodies specifically for recharging of groundwater and drinking water supply.
- Special water supply setting for tough areas, coastal and hill cities, involving those having water quality issues (e.g. arsenic, fluoride)
- Decentralised, networked underground sewerage structure, involving augmentation of existing sewage treatment plants and sewerage structure.
- Rehabilitation of treatment plants and older sewerage systems.
- Recycling of water for reuse of wastewater and beneficial purposes.
- Improvement and construction of drains and stormwater drain to eliminate and reduce flooding.
- Walkways/Footpaths, sidewalks, facilities, and foot over-bridges for automated transport (e.g. bicycles).
- Multi-level parking.
- Development of parks and green space with distinct provision for kids, senior citizens, and Divyang friendly elements.
Improve institutional outcomes by Institutional Capacity Building and Individual Capacity Building. Enhance the functional knowledge, refine the job associated skills, and change the attitude of municipal functionaries.
Improve delivery of citizen services, bring down the delivery cost, improve financial health, enhance transparency and augment resources.
About the Amrut plan:
Concerned Ministry:Housing and Urban Affairs
- To make certain that each household has access to a tapwith the assured sewerage connection and supply of water.
- ThePriority zone of the Mission is water supply followed up by sewerage.
- To rise the amenity value of cities by creating well maintained open spaces (e.g. parks).and greenery
- Toeliminate pollution by the switch to public transport or construct facilities for non-motorized transport (e.g. walking and cycling).
Stormwater drainage, sewerage, water supply, reform implementation and urban transport, Capacity building, septage management, and development of parks and green spaces.
The reformsfocus on refining the delivery of citizen services, bringing down the delivery cost, refining financial health, augmentation resources, and increasing transparency. It also involves the renewal of LED lights with street lights.
Central Sponsored Scheme: Total outlay for Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation was Rs. 50,000 crores for five years from FY 2015-16 to FY 2019-20.
Not able to encounter set targets for urban renewal in 500 cities, the Centre has enlarged the mission timeline of AMRUT up to 31stMarch 2021.
State Annual Action Plan (SAAP):
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation has made states equal partners in the implementation of projects and planning by approval of SAAP once a year by MoHUA and states have to offer project sanctions and approval at their end, therefore actualization of cooperative federalism.
Supervision:An Apex Committee (AC), chaired by the Secretary, MoHUA, and carry representatives of associated Ministries and companies be in charge of the Mission.
Status of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation Mission in Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand:
Uttarakhand is ranked 24thand Himachal Pradesh 15th in Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation National rankings (performance-based).
Odisha top the rankings.
Both the States have executed the OBPSin their Mission cities.
Online Building Permission System is a chunk of ‘Ease of Doing Businessand must be executed in all ULBs apart from Mission cities.
The Credit Rating workhas been finished in all Mission cities in two States.
Credit rating is an evaluation of an Urban Local Bodies ability to pay up its financial obligations.
Both the States were well informed that the Ministry has created a common Dashboardfor all Missions (e.g. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban, Smart Cities Mission) of the Ministry where information associated to all States/UT and cities would be accessible. The States/UT may utilize this facility to monitor the progress.
States were requested to update the Missions details regularly so that the growth would be updated in the dashboard/portal. This data is utilized for assessment, monitoring, and reviewing monthly rankings on the growth among the states.
Who can apply?
All Towns and Cities with a population of over one lakh with notified Municipalities,
involving Cantonment Boards (Civilian zones),
- All Capital Towns/Cities of UTs/States, not covered.
- All Towns/Cities classified as Heritage Cities by MoUD under HRIDAY plan,
- Thirteen Towns and Cities on the root of major rivers with a population above 75,000 and less than 1 lakh
- Ten Cities from tourist destinations, hill states, and islands (not more than one from each State)
How to apply?
Interested parties do apply online.
Which cities are under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation scheme?